With millions of players from around the globe, Video Poker has become one of the main attractions of any land based or online casino. It’s an amazing mix of two of the most popular casino games of all time, slot machines and poker, and the game play is so easy to understand that anyone can play the game. Although being a game of chance, like any casino game, there are certain things you can do in order to greatly improve your chances of winning:
- Go for the Progressive jackpot: Sometimes you will come across Video poker machines that carry a progressive jackpot. This means that the jackpot gets bigger every time someone plays at the machine. Make sure to always play the max number of coins as that will give you the biggest payout if you are lucky enough to win it!
- Find the best games: One of the most effective ways to find the casinos that offer your favorite variants of Video poker is to use review sites such as tragamonedas.pm, which review different casinos based on games, among other things. Another thing to keep in mind is that it’s not online in online casinos that offer video poker. It’s also common for bingo websites to offer this game.
- Don’t play too high: A lot of inexperienced players make the big mistake of rushing in to a game of video poker making large bets without thinking through their decisions. While it is true that video poker has better odds then most casino games, it doesn’t justify wasting your whole bankroll in one game session. As you get used to the particular machines, as well as the betting systems, it’s important to keep your bets rather low in relation to your bankroll. Until you have gained a bit of experience, stay at the lowest denomination machines and then start working your way up. Approaching a gaming session with a sober mindset and some caution will benefit you financially in the long run, and keep in mind that there is now rush, the video poker machine is not going to go anywhere.
- Video Poker comes in many costumes: There are actually several different versions of Video Poker available in the gambling industry. A lot of people seem to think that all Video Poker games are the same, where in fact there are loads of different subtle differences in each game, both in the rules as well in payouts. Therefore, always make sure that you read up on the rules for each single game before you start playing it. Although you are not expected to know every single difference for every game, it’s really good to have a clear view on what separates one machine from the other, as it may very well justify adjusting your game strategy.
- Jack’s the Boss! Unlike most card games, the strongest card in most Video Poker games is not the Ace, but it’s rather the Jacks you want to look out for. Given the option of choosing to keep a Jack or an Ace, it’s almost always better to keep the Jack as it’s more likely to end up with a winning combination (unless, of course, the Ace is paired up on the deal.)
- Don’t go crazy! As we stated earlier, there are several versions of Video Poker, and you might be tempted to go straight out there and just play them all instantly. Whereas this might be fun, looking from a strategic point of you, you will be more likely to win if you stick to two separate machines and get good at them. It takes time to get to know all the rules of a single game, and therefore it’s better to be an expert on one or two games and have the chance of making some money rather than being average on every game and end up losing!